This is how the City of Harrisburg started of the year. With a gigantic sinkhole on N4th Street.
- Roxbury News:
- Penn Live–There could be other sinkholes beneath Harrisburg city streets; city officials say there’s no way to know
- WHTM 27–Pa. investigating possible health hazard from Harrisburg sinkhole
- Fox 43–Raw sewage leaked into Susquehanna after Harrisburg sinkholes formed
- witf–Radio Smart Talk: Harrisburg sinkholes — an aging infrastructure and who pays?
- today’s the day Harrisburg–The City Beautiful in the City of Harrisburg
The Federal Judge said no, again. This is the second time that Federal Judge John Jones has decided that there’s no standing for the plaintiffs in claiming the City of Harrisburg’s State takeover is unconstitutional. witf–Judge dismisses second lawsuit in state takeover of Harrisburg
Mayor Linda Thompson makes a public display. The City of Harrisburg’s Mayor enlarged two Dauphin County Court orders to show that she won a lawsuit against City Controller Dan Miller. Then she put them up inside the entrance of City Hall.
- Roxbury News–Harrisburg Mayor Linda Thompson vs City Controller Dan Miller
- The Patriot News–The Harrisburg Mayor Linda Thompson fires up mayoral race with cardboard placards in City Hall lobby
Linda Thompson wants to be the Mayor of the City of Harrisburg again. She officially launches her campaign for a second term. today’s the day Harrisburg–Mayor Linda Thompson Announces Her Run For Mayor in 2013
Public safety and crime.
- Roxbury News:
- WHTM 27–Harrisburg adds 7 police officers
- Penn Live–‘Things need to turn around’: Views mixed on Harrisburg’s ranking on ‘most dangerous’ list
- WHTM 27–Drug, gun violence connection often overlooked
- Central Penn Business Journal–Northern gateway project completed in Harrisburg
- The Burg–TheBurg Sold to New Ownership Group Publisher Alex Hartzler to make major investment in community newspaper
The City of Harrisburg’s fiscal problems. Always fodder for news. At least it’s good to know PA’s caital city isn’t alone.
- today’s the day Harrisburg–Harrisburg Office of the Receiver: The least expensive way to deal with the City’s cash flow problems
- PA Independent–State ups commitment for struggling municipalities
- newsworks–Proposals to help foundering Pa. cities count on grants, tax incentives
- Citizens Voice–Cities on the brink
Points for the City of Harrisburg to ponder.
- Computerworld–City living: There’s an app for that
- Smartplanet–Top 20 smartest cities in North America and Europe
- Tracy Press–Living Green City must be steward of its buildings