A review of the news of last week….catch up at a glance.
This one’s for the dogs. The City of Harrisburg passed a new tethering law that is the toughest in the state.
- PennLive–Anti-tethering law clears Harrisburg City Council three days after deaths of neglected dogs
- Philly.com–Harrisburg council approves first city anti-tethering law
- CBS 21–Harrisburg passes one of the toughest dog tethering laws in the state
- Fox 43–Harrisburg city council votes in favor of dogs’ rights
On the SEC and HBG. Philly.com–PhillyDeals: SEC spares individuals in Harrisburg case
Election 2013. The days leading up to the May 21st Primary are all about campaign finance, last minute pushes, and fact checking.
- Reuters–Ghosts of incinerator bond deal haunt Harrisburg election
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette–Harrisburg woes play big role in city’s mayoral race
- WHTM 27–Harrisburg mayoral candidates talk bankruptcy vs. receivership
- PennLive–Harrisburg City Council fundraising: Allatt has 30 percent of total in 10-candidate field
- The Sentinel–Campaign finance: Who’s the front-runner for Harrisburg mayor?
- PennLive–Split vote? Harrisburg neighborhood voter survey suggests close mayoral election
- PennLive–Eric Papenfuse’s jobs creation claim – a fact check
- PennLive–For mayor of Harrisburg, Democrat Eric Papenfuse: PennLive’s endorsement
- WHTM 27–Harrisburg mayoral candidates make final campaign push
- PennLive–Harrisburg school director candidates forum draws 50 to Midtown Scholar
It passed. With an unanimous vote approving the Chief Recovery Officer’s Plan, we see if recovery can truly happen at Harrisburg School District.
- today’s the day Harrisburg–The Board Voted Yes and Harrisburg School District CRO Begins to Act
- WHTM 27–Harrisburg School Board approves recovery plan
River city. That’s what Harrisburg is so it’s important to be mindful and aware of the Susquehanna. Central Penn Business Journal–EPA: Susquehanna River water quality uncertain
Another Shady McCoy shady headline. City of Harrisburg’s born and raised LeSean McCoy has some bad press, again.
- ESPN–LeSean McCoy faces lawsuit
- USA Today–LeSean McCoy’s agent denies Eagle assaulted woman
- NFL.com–Eagles’ LeSean McCoy sued for alleged assault
- Philly.com–What to make of the LeSean McCoy lawsuit
- CBS 21–McCoy denies ‘party bus’ assault allegation
Public Safety and Crime.
- PennLive–Harrisburg Police will charge owners of dogs killed last weekend
- WHTM 27–Man, dog shot in Harrisburg
- PennLive–Weeks after Allison Hill man’s death, homicide ruling still pending
Points for the City of Harrisburg to ponder.
- The Atlantic Cities–The Inequality of Urban Tree Cover
- Scientific American–Want to be happier and live longer? Protect green spaces
- Salon–Are streetcars the future of public transportation?
- Washington Post–Doing away with food deserts in the District
- Princeton University–Freshmen dig into challenges facing urban education